India Government launch an e-SHRAM self registration portal. This portal has been recently launched by Prime Minister for welfare of crores of unorganized workers of the country. You can register on this portal using their Mobile Number, Bank Account Details and Mobile Number linked with Aadhaar. It will not only register them but would also be helpful in delivering of various social security schemes being implemented by the Central and State Governments.
Process to register for Labour Shramik Card
1. To register the e-SHRAM portal, login to the official website at register.eshram.gov.in/#/user/self.
2. Enter your Mobile number linked with your Aadhaar and captch code and click on Send OTP button.
3. An OTP will be sent on your registered number.
4. Add that OTP and proceed to further step.
NOTE: If a worker does not have Aadhaar-linked mobile number, then he/ she can visit the nearest CSC and register through Biometric authentication.
Unorganised Workers can register on e-SHRAM Portal through three modes
- Self-Registration through http://eshram.gov.in
- Registration through Common Service Centres (CSC)
- Registration by State Government field offices in districts/Sub-districts.
Eligibility Criteria of eShram Portal Self Registration
- The worker should be of age from 16 to 59 years
- Should not be associated with any other Government scheme or Not a member of EPFO/ESIC or NPS.
- He/ she should come under unorganized worker category
Labour Shramik Card Benefits
- The Rupees 2 Lakh accidental death
- The Government scheme befits are given as per the eligibility
- There will be Accidental Insurance Coverage after eShram portal Registration.
- More 1 lakh Rupees for partial disability